RESEARCHING A CHAPTER: PART THREE
Posted on April 4, 2013
Here's another eclectic gaggle of research topics for the next chapter of Burnt:
What do bats eat?
– Because the diet of flying rodents can and will be a punchline.
Is frugivore a for reals science term?
– Huh, my research with what bats like to gnosh on turned up this term. Had to check to see if it was a real term. It is.
The name of garage doors in a warehouse or grocery store?
– You'd think I'd recall this from my formative years unloading produce trucks at a grocery store. I went with Loading Dock Doors.
What color is formaldehyde?
– Drats, it's colorless. Really wanted it to be amber. Heck, maybe the jars themselves could be colored glass.
Spelling of doozy?
– Spellcheck doesn't like my penchant for rowdy, clever vocabulary. Shame on you Microsoft for such a narrow focus with word usage. You're no fun. Turns out I spelled it correctly.